Monday, November 18, 2019

Black and White Photography (my attempt)

Earlier in the semester, I did a blog post about doing black and white photography. I linked an article I read about how it can bring a new perspective to something, eliminate distractions, bring out detail, and create a more powerful image. I mentioned how I wanted to create some black and white shots. So, that's exactly what I did. Below are two examples of it.


This photo I took at Timberline lake early in the semester is an example of a photo where I believe that black and white made it more powerful and striking than it was in color. It lets the viewer focus more on the detail of the rock and clouds.


In this photo, the main reason I made it black and white was that there was a very distracting red/orange reflection on the water. Bringing it to black and white eliminated that distraction bringing the point of focus back to the duck. This also fits well with the minimalist photography which I discussed in another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 3 takeaways

The first important thing I learned in this class is the exposure triangle and how to apply it when shooting. Setting my camera in manual mo...