Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Applying the Exposure Triangle

These four pictures are examples of what can be done with photography when you take into consideration the exposure triangle and use the camera's iso, shutter speed, and aperture settings
 



The first photo I was attempting to get a clear photo of a passing car (as clear as I could get with the lighting conditions). To do this I used a high iso (1250) to allow more light in but in turn making it grainy. I used a low aperture value (f/3.5) in order to allow more light in. Finally, I went with a middle ground on the shutter speed at 1/30 giving a somewhat clear image of the car. In the second photo, I attempted to mimic the artistic thing some photographers do when doing night photography that involves passing cars. To do so, I dropped the shutter speed to 1 second. This also made it possible to increase the aperture and decrease the iso for less grain and to have more of the image in focus.



For these two photos, I focused on the aperture. In the first one, I set it to a low aperture value which is why the leaves in the foreground are in focus while the trees in the background are blurry and out of focus. In the second photo, I raised the aperture value which brought everything in the photo into focus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 3 takeaways

The first important thing I learned in this class is the exposure triangle and how to apply it when shooting. Setting my camera in manual mo...