Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Michael Kenna

One of the popular landscape photographers I like is Michael Kenna. One of the reasons his work is some of my favorites is his unique style. He shoots in almost all black and white and all of the seen are very simple and minimalistic. Below are two great examples of this.



His work is inspiring and beautiful to me because he manages to make such powerful images while keeping it so simple, colorless and minimal. He proves that you do not need big glamourous and beautiful landscapes in perfect conditions at the right time to shoot great photos. It proves you can make great photography in your local area of almost anything. Another thing I like is how he has galleries from places he travels, which I have linked below, and manages to use such simple photography a small number of images to tell a lot about the places he goes. I think a lot of his photos really fit the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words".



















No comments:

Post a Comment

My 3 takeaways

The first important thing I learned in this class is the exposure triangle and how to apply it when shooting. Setting my camera in manual mo...