Wednesday, September 11, 2019

I would like to start this blog off by talking about one of my inspirations for landscape and nature photography. His name is Ansel Adams, a famous photographer, an environmentalist, and a conservationist. He grew up in San Fransisco, California and pursued photography as his career after giving up music. He loved to be out in nature and that is where he did all his photography. He started out more locally then expanded to doing photography on his expeditions into the Sierra Nevada mountains in California. Many times he would go on long expeditions with the Sierra Club and use his photography to capture the beauty of the high sierra landscape one of his favorite places being Yosemite National Park. Attached below is a link to a short biography of his life.

One of the reasons I like and am inspired by him is how he is much like I am when it comes to photography. We both have a love for nature and its beauty. Just like him, much of my photography is done when I go on backpacking trips in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California trying to capture the beauty of the landscapes I come across. Another aspect of his photography style I really like is how he pursued "straight photography" where the final photo showed little evidence of manipulation. This is something that I strive for and want to learn when it comes to my own photography. To the right is my favorite and one of his most famous photos. It is called "Moon Over Half Dome"  and really resembles his "straight photography" style.
http://anseladams.com/ansel-adams-bio/

https://www.google.com/search?q=ansel+adams+half+dome&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi35KLyib3kAhVCrp4KHVgdBMIQ_AUIEygC&biw=1536&bih=743#imgrc=zwYssh2lVWWqd

Turnage, William. “Ansel Adams, Photographer - A Biography.” Ansel Adams Gallery, Oxford University Press, 27 July 2016, http://anseladams.com/ansel-adams-bio/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 3 takeaways

The first important thing I learned in this class is the exposure triangle and how to apply it when shooting. Setting my camera in manual mo...